Jack's Hollywood Diner has been in operation for over 60 years. Established in 1953 and opened originally as Freddie's Diner. Several years later it was purchased by Jack and Wanita Garner, hence the name Jack's Hollywood Diner. They owned and operated the diner until it was later purchased by Steven and his wife Michelle, and Steven's father Denis Grenier in January of 1995. Since 1995, the Grenier family is there on a daily basis ensuring that Jack's Hollywood Diner lives up to it's legacy.
The diner car portion of the restaurant was manufactured in Singac, New Jersey in 1952, shipped to South Florida by rail car, then set on it's current foundation with one dining room at that time.
In 1985, a major renovation was done to increase the size of the kitchen and double the seating capacity. Another renovation was implemented to restore the classic-retro look of the diner in 2011-2012.
In keeping with tradition, all the soups and specials are made fresh daily, using the highest quality ingredients. Jack's strides to provide a high level of customer service while serving great food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Open 24/7 serving up diner classics has been the formula for success.
Scores of politicians, celebrities, musicians, and athletes have frequented Jack's Diner.
Jack's Diner has been featured in several movies, commercials, magazines, and news outlets.
The Jack's Diner sign was blown down during Hurricane Andrew.
Hurricane Katrina shut down Jack's for 1 week and blew down all the awnings.
Annie, is Jack's longest running employee. She has been a server for over 28 years.